Dear Parents and Friends,
News from the Principal. Featured throughout this week’s newsletter are examples of our IB Diploma Visual Arts exhibition pieces that will take place later this year. Currently four of our Year 12 and Year 13 students are preparing for this – Rose Jiang, Tina Mou, Su Yeon Song and Micah Rice – and each of them have to complete at least five works of art in any medium.
Please enjoy what they have done so far.
Christmas Market – Saturday, 8th December, 10.00am. The staff at Hanova have been very busy organizing the forthcoming Christmas Market and Winter Concert (CMWC) on Saturday, December 8th. For more information on the PYP Winer Concert, please see the ‘News from Primary School’ section below.
Parents, partners and vendors are reminded that we have negotiated with Bodi School and they will allow vehicle access on Saturday; so everyone should be able to drive up to our school.
The CMWC Committee has been busy with community relations; so far we will have more than 20 external vendors and service providers present, offering products, goods, food and beverages during the market. Our usual hotel partners will be present but, this year, we will have four hotels present offering a wonderful range of gourmet foods at lunch-time:
Shangri La – Asian/International
Gran Melia – Spanish/International
Marriott – German/International
Grand Hyatt – Chinese
Parents and guests are reminded that lunch tickets for each hotel’s food will be available separately on the day. The hotels are providing menus of their food and these will be shared with the community beforehand so that guests can choose before the day. Once again, we would like to thank our partner hotels for their generosity in providing food, with all ticket proceeds going to our charity.
We’d also like to thank in advance our growing number of external vendors who will be present. A full list and location map of vendors will be shared with the community shortly. In the meantime, anyone who would like to contribute as a vendor should contact email@example.com for more details.
The end of last week and over the weekend saw some amazing displays of our childrens’ talents. The MYP Arts Assembly on Friday saw some outstanding musical and dramatic performances by students in Years 7 to 11 – and thank you to those IB Diploma students who stepped in to help with logisitics. Our PYP and MYP students also performed at three external venues – Shangri La, Crowne Plaza and Gran Melia – and not only made our school proud but clearly they felt they had achieved something special too. Our thanks to the hotels for their kind provision of buffet foods for our students.
In the next newsletter, we will be sharing photos of these events.
News from Secondary School. As we draw near to the end of the semester there are a number of activities occurring. Many of these events parents are welcome to attend and are encouraged to be supporting their child’s learning. The Christmas Market is on December 8th and this is always an enjoyable occasion.
The MYP Orchestra has been practicing very hard over the last few weeks for upcoming performances. They are sounding very impressive. This orchestra has been led by two Year 11 students, Sophia Kim and Jennifer Kwon. The work that these two students and their parents have done to develop this orchestra has been exceptional. When they perform, take the opportunity to hear them.
The success assembly is on Friday 14 December beginning at 9.30am. I would encourage parents to come along and join in celebrating the success of their child’s learning. School will finish after lunch this day.
At the beginning of next semester, on Friday, 18th January, there will be a parent’s information meeting about subject choices for Diploma courses. All MYP students and their parents are invited but it is essential that students and parents in Years 9, 10 & 11 attend. Information on the Diploma programme and individual subjects will be available and the school counsellors will be present to advise on University courses also.
News from Primary School. Dear Parents, As you should now know, the PYP Winter Concert will be held on Saturday, Dec 8th at the end of our Christmas Market Event. Here are some very important details regarding the performance:
- Please have your child’s costume to school no later than Tuesday, Dec 4th. Costumes will be stored at school until after the performance.
- On Saturday Dec 8th, your child must go to their Homeroom class at 12:30pm SHARP to prepare for the concert. Nursery and Reception students should go directly to the Music Room across from the Auditorium.
- The Auditorium will open at 12:45pm for seating. There are only 2 tickets available per family. You will receive those tickets from your child’s teacher by Wednesday Dec 5th. PLEASE bring the tickets with you in order to enter the show on Saturday.
- For your convenience, we will have an OPEN full dress rehearsal on Fri Dec 7th beginning right at 9:50 am during the normal assembly time. We hope this will provide an “additional” performance in case you wish for more than 2 people in your family to watch the performance. IF you plan to come to the dress rehearsal, please email or WeChat your child’s homeroom teacher to notify them.
Thank you for your support! The students are working very hard to prepare for their performances. They are getting very excited – and a little bit nervous. Please come to support them in all their hard work and preparation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the homeroom teacher or Mrs. Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks again for your continuing support.
Robert C. Muntzer
Please take note of these dates. As soon as they are confirmed, we will inform you about any additional events and activities that may take place in the following weeks:
- Friday, 30th November MYP Arts Assembly
- Friday, 30th November Hanova PYP and MYP students’ performance at Shangri La Hotel, 6.30pm
- Friday, 30th November Hanova MYP students’ performance at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 6.30pm
- Saturday, 1st December Hanova MYP Orchestra performance at Gran Melia Hotel, 7.00pm
- Monday, 3rd December Hanova PYP Year 1 and MYP students’ performance at Grand Hyatt Hotel, 6.30pm
- Saturday, 8th December Christmas Market and Winter Concert, 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Friday, 14th December MYP Awards Celebration Assembly
- Friday, 14th December Last day of school!