Dear Parents and Friends,
We continue our progress in the Second Semester, and I am glad to report you some news about last week’s activities.
Parent Information Sessions. We continue the Parent Information Sessions according to the program, every Wednesday from 3.45pm in the Meeting Room on the 2nd floor. I would like to thank the parents who are coming to these sessions, because it is an excellent opportunity also for us to increase the communication to all of you.
Please see the proposed topics and confirm to Primary or Secondary office or to the Marketing and Liaison Team your attendance. We will also inform you of any change in topic or venue.
Secondary Assemblies. Secondary School started the Second Semester holding a series of Friday Assemblies to focus on the great continuing success of our wonderful students. Our Principal got the ball rolling on 10th February with an interactive session during which our Student Leadership Team involved our students in a series of tasks related to leadership and the qualities required to be a good effective leader. It was an instructive and worthwhile experience for everyone involved.
We then followed that up on Friday 17th February with a Celebration of Success Assembly, during which our MYP students were awarded certificates for academic endeavour with subject prizes. We also recognised all our fantastic Year 12 students who enjoyed amazing success in a series of IGCSE exams last year. We value highly the Learner Profile attributes that underpin the IB, so we also awarded students for being Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open – Minded, Caring, Risk – Takers, Balanced and Reflective.
Next week we will conclude our series with a similar Celebration of Success for our DP students, to which all parents are cordially invited once again. It is fabulous to see parents in our audience and we welcome the opportunity to share in your wonderful children’s achievements.
Primary Assemblies. Primary School is also holding Assemblies on Fridays with focus on special performances and activities. We remind that the next ones are:
3rd March – Book Week Assembly
17th March – Year 2 Assembly
31st March – Year 1a and 1b Assembly
University Visits. We continue to have representatives and admission officers from universities visiting Hanova and the list is getting longer. We welcome parents and if you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact our University Counselor Ms. Zhu ( email@example.com ).
Communication Using Managebac. A reminder that ManageBac is our online learning, planning and reporting platform. All Secondary students have their own user account and each parent is also given an account to access their child(ren)’s classroom information, including assessment, units of inquiry and homework at any given time.
We encourage parents to take advantage of this possibility, it is another communication tool that can be used to ensure we all work together for the benefit of our students.
Thanks again for your continuing support.
- Tuesday 21st February University visit: Azusa Pacific University
- Wednesday 22nd February Information Session: Learning Diversity & Inclusion
- Friday 24th February University visit: University of Central Missouri
- Tuesday 28th February University visit: Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Wednesday 1st March Information Session: Literacy in Primary School
- Monday 6th March University visit: Muhlenberg College
- Wednesday 8th March Information Session: Diploma Programme Options
- Wednesday 15th March Information Session: English as an Additional Language
- Tuesday 21st March University visit: CIS University Tour (27 universities)
- Wednesday 22nd March Information Session: The Middle Years Programme
- Monday 27th March University visit: Merrimack College
- Wednesday 29th March Information Session: The Theory of Knowledge
- Friday 31st March Last day of school before Spring Break