Dear Parents and Friends,
One last week before the Spring Break holiday. We have sent you several information notices related to some changes in the school and to our initiatives. Hereafter the news about last week.
University Visits. On 27th March afternoon, we hosted Mr. Jung, the Administrative Director of the Global Leadership Division at Yonsei University, who is mainly responsible for recruiting international and overseas Korean students.
Mr. Jung conducted his presentation in Korean, illustrating Yonsei University and later he helped our guests with individual counseling and suggestions to students and families. We were glad to see that many Korean parents accepted our invitation and joined the event.
Yonsei University is the oldest university in Korea, established in 1885 by Christian missionaries. Its mission has been simple yet ambitious: to provide future global leaders with the highest level of interdisciplinary and international education. While the tools and content of education has changed over the past 132 years, Yonsei remains dedicated to educating students in the spirit of “Truth and Freedom,” the university motto. Its 300,000 graduates are serving in both public and private sectors across the globe. Many of them are key players, setting new international standards in their respective fields.
On the same day (27th March), but in the morning, we also hosted another university: Merrimack College, from the United States, and our interested students asked several questions to the university representative.
If you have any inquiry about these events, please do not hesitate to contact our Univerity and Career Counselor Mrs. Zhu ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Mangahigh Mathematics Competition in Secondary. Our Secondary students, supported by our teachers, have competed in an online international mathematics competition: the Mangahigh Mathematics Competition. This week we received the results and we want to congratulate our several students who won medals:
Xun Khang Tan – Year 8
Albert Kim – Year 7
Isaac Rice – Year 9
YiYo Ng – Year 7
Sky Xiao – Year 9
Lisa Kwon – Year 10
Micah Rice – Year 10
Alessandro Sanita Boezio – Year 10
David Lee – Year 7
Justin Chung – Year 10
Song Song– Year 10
Henry Lee – Year 7
These results demonstrate the knowledge of our students, and we are very proud of their achievements. If you have any inquiry about this and future mathematics events, please contact our Head of Secondary Mathematics Mrs. Krynauw ( email@example.com ).
MYP Personal Project Exhibition. The MYP Personal Project Exhibition, the culminating experience of the IB MYP, took place on Friday 24th March and was really great.
The Year 11 students passionately and enthusiastically shared the process of creating their product and reflected on their achievements so that every student in the Secondary could learn from their experience. All Secondary students had the opportunity of looking closely at their products and were impressed.
We would like to thank the Year 11 students for the committed way in which they shared their success and tackled this task. The Year 11 students would also like to thank their supervisors, who offered their time, advice and encouragement so generously. This really was a team effort, of which we can all be proud!
Primary House Soccer Tournament. Wednesday’s House soccer tournament was a success. Every House’s junior elementary and varsity elementary team played well. All Houses demonstrated the posters and cheers that they prepared previously. Students are developing a sense of cooperation and friendly competition, which is an important part of their social life in school.
The Han junior team won the match against Song. All other matches were ties. The tied matches will be settled by shootout challenges. The finals will be held after the Spring Break.
Important Academic Dates
We are approaching the end of the school year. Please book your calendars to participate to these key academic events during the next months.
- Wednesday 12th April there will be the Secondary Parent Teacher Conference. The logistics details will be sent our on Monday 10th April, just after the Spring Break.
- Friday April 14th we will organize the Sports Day 2017. It will be a celebration of sports, competition and outdoor activities for all students and staff. Parents are welcome to join and support their children during the event.
- From Monday 1st to Friday 19th May, our Year 13 students will start their Diploma Programme exams.
- Monday 22nd May, our Primary students will lead the PYP Student Led Conferences.
- From Monday 22nd to Friday 26th May, our Secondary students from Year 7 to Year 12 will take their end of year exams.
- Friday 26th May the Secondary Graduation Assembly will take place, an important event for our Year 13 students who will then leave Hanova.
On Thursday and Friday 1st – 2nd June, our Year 6 students will present the PYP Exhibition, which is the culminating experience of the IB PYP.
Thanks again for your continuing support.
- Friday 31st March Last day of school before Spring Break
- Monday 10th April School reopens after Spring Break
- Wednesday 12th April Secondary Parent Teacher Conference
- Friday 14th April Sports Day 2017
- Monday 22nd May Primary Student Led Conferences
- Friday 26th May Secondary Graduation Assembly
- Thursday-Friday 1st-2nd June PYP Exhibition