Dear Parents and Friends,
Highlights of the week. I am writing you again a few highlights from last week about our school life. Our Year 12 students have experienced the first assessments and deadlines of our new IBDP: as teachers and parents, we all know well how much work is required to secure excellent results.
- Our MYP students will also be challenged soon, and for this reason there will be another MYP Parents Information Session at the beginning of November.
- Our PYP curriculum is being fully developed and PYP parents will be invited for the first PYP Parent Conference in November. In addition, our effort to contact universities is paying off, with more and more visits scheduled on our school campus.
- Finally, our students and teachers are all launching new initiatives with enthusiasm, related to games, sports and charity: hereafter the news, with many more to come during next weeks.
University visits. The school continues its efforts to contact universities around the world. We are delighted to inform you that we will have six universities to visit Hanova during October. Hereafter is the detailed information for the visits that will take place this week:
- 10:00am Wednesday, 14th October: University of California, Davis
- 12:00noon Thursday 15th October: Rutgers University
Parents are strongly recommended to come! If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact our University and Careers Counselor, Ms. Zhu (Sharon.email@example.com).
Hanova Basketball Club. Hanova is now officially launching its Basketball Club, initially consisting of Secondary students. Started as informal matches between students in school, it is now becoming a regular athletic activity supported by our sports teacher, Mr. Lynn (Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. Chao (email@example.com), who will provide the coaching and the supervision of the program. More information to come as the activity grows.
Board Game Day. Here is another initiative to spend more time in school doing fun activities. On Saturday, 17th October, from 10:00 to 14:00, all Secondary School students are invited to the school’s first Board Game Day. This is your chance to play your favourite board game and learn to paint Warhammer miniatures, bringing snacks and drinks for the day. Do not hesitate to contact Mr. Bonke (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will ensure the organization and supervision of the day.
Thanks again for your continuing support.