Dear Parents and Friends,
A short update about the school news while we continue to expand our activities for our students, parents and staff.
Book Week Activities. Book Week is a celebration of books from everywhere, authors, language and literature: where would we be without books and what part do they now play in our lives with a multitude of media and sources available to us. Next week, we will have a book fair and a number of activities organized on our school campus, especially for our PYP students:
- Teachers and office staff will be reading to PYP students.
- Reading buddies, older students reading to younger and younger to older, will be happening throughout the week, at various times.
- In the library, students will design a book cover for a fiction book. They will have to think of a theme and title and their book cover to give us an idea what the story might be about. The book covers will be displayed outside the classroom/doors and judges will decide the winning cover from each classroom and give house points and certificates.
- On Friday 1st April students will be encouraged to Dress Up as a favorite character.
- The PYP assembly this week will have a Book Week theme, with certificates given for read-a-thon and book cover competition. Also, individual book slip chains will be joined into one long classroom chain during the assembly.
PYP Assembly Changes. Again we remind about the PYP Assembly Changes: Friday 1st April for Nursery. The Year 6 assembly, which was to be held on the 25th March, has been moved to 26th and 27th May, when the students will present their Exhibitions.
MYP and IGCSE News. The IGCSE Mock examinations for our Year 11 students were still going on this week, and finished on Thursday, 24th March. Congratulations to all students, in preparation to the real exams later this school year. A special Parent-Teacher Conference for IGCSE students will take place on 30th March, to discuss the results of the recent mocks.
Intermediate reports for all MYP students are being produced next week and will be sent out on Friday 1st April.
Soccer Club. Hanova launched its Soccer Club two weeks ago and last Saturday, on the sunny morning of March 19th, our Secondary students traveled to XHIS for their first competition. Twelve of our players participated in an 8 vs 8 game, with accompanying parents and friends to cheer them on. Our students took the lead quickly in the game but XHIS were always fighting back, and had to wait until the end of the second half to score two more goals to finally end the game with a score of 4-2. Congratulations to the whole team: an excellent start in preparation to future games.
Extra curricular activities. We have just finished the last session of our 2nd ECA block, which means there will be no ECAs from next week, until we start the new block. During next weeks, buses on Wednesday will leave the school at the normal time. The 3rd ECA block of the 2015-2016 school year will start from Wednesday, April 20 until Wednesday, May 25. The activities and options available have been sent home early this month, please provide the Form back to school as soon as possible.
University Visits. We continue to receive visits from international universities, as part of preparing our students to continue their studies in China and abroad. On Friday, 25th March we hosted the Hope College.
Upcoming Events. Please take note of these upcoming events during the month of March and April:
- Wednesday, 30th March IGCSE Parent – Teacher Conference – 3:45pm
- April 2nd – 10th Qingming Spring Break
- Monday, April 11th School reopens
- Friday, April 15th Sports Day
Thanks again for your continuing support.